Cores of soil (approximately 5/8 inch in diameter and 1-3 inches long) are removed with an aeration machine. Te displaced soil disintegrates, topdressing your lawn.
What Core Aeration Will do:
- Increase penetration of vital water, air and nutrients
- Loosen the soil to encourage deeper, broader root growth
- Encourage soil fungi and bacteria to help degrade thatch
What Core Aeration will not do:
- Solve extreme thatch problems (in these cases, Dethatching may be needed.)
- Promote new growth in severely thin areas (in these cases, Overseeding or Spot Seeding may be needed.)